Man evacuated to safety following chip pan fire

Four West Midlands Fire Service crews attended a chip pan fire at an address in the West Heath area of Birmingham this evening.

Firefighters led a man to safety from the kitchen blaze and no injuries or effects from smoke inhalation were reported.

West Midlands Fire Service tweeted at 10.46pm on Saturday: “Crews from @WMFSNorthfield @WMFSKingsNorton and @WMFSWoodgate Valley Fire Stations led one man to safety following a fire involving a chip pan in the West Heath area of Birmingham.”

West Midlands Fire Service encourage resident to avoid using chip pans in general or cooking with lots of oil and to never try to extinguish a chip pan fire

For more stories from where you live, visit InYourArea.



Click: See details

Leave a Reply