Disadvantages of Becoming a Bank Teller
You have seen the assistance if a person chooses to become a bank teller. It is equally important to be cognizant of the drawbacks. There are disadvantages which you have to estimate before opting for this career.
Understanding the Negative Aspects
– Flexibility is good especially for part-time tellers. On the contrary, individuals yearning for complete-time work may find it exasperating to be stated during weekends or irregular working hours. This can be stressful particularly for those who are not used to this system.
– The banking industry is quite stable and bank teller jobs continue to grow. Unfortunately, compensation is low compared to other locaiongs and allied industries. Those with exemplary performance can expect quick promotion and salary increases but the rest are relegated to the position of ordinary tellers.
– Micro management is one factor that may work against tellers. Micromanagement is described by Wikipedia as “a management style whereby a manager closely observes or controls the work of subordinates or employees. Micromanagement generally has a negative connotation.” Majority of tellers are not in favor of important micromanagement from their bosses. This is the procedure in edges to ascertain accuracy in counting and securing money. Counting is done at the beginning, middle and end of your shift. Check verification and confirmation of transactions are also conducted regularly. Inconsistencies and incorrect accounting can rule to termination. Managers are always on top of these responsibilities.
– When you become a bank teller, you are exposed to a frantic work air. It is necessary to cope with heavy client traffic and other requirements from management. Multitasking is imperative and teller should always be on their toes.
– You do business with so many disagreeable customers. This is one of the downsides if you become a bank teller. Practice a lot of patience and be as accommodating as possible. You have to help clients with all concerns form filling up forms and place slips to accomplishing documents required for loans or credit cards. All these will be part of your daily life as a bank teller.
– The job is also risky because of possible bank robberies. This can be a traumatic experience so you have to be prepared for any eventuality.
Now, although there are disadvantages, do not forget that nevertheless there are more advantages of being a teller. These cons will just test your patience and how do you really like the job of becoming a bank teller.